Current Course Information
Wood Badge is an Advanced Training Course for all Adult Scout Leaders – Cub Scouters, Boy Scouters, Varsity Scouters, Venturers, and BSA professional staff.
The next scheduled course will be:
Course S9-119 — Spring 2019
Shawn Wright, Scoutmaster
April 5-7, 2019 ~ Comer
April 26-28, 2019 ~ Westmoreland
Be aware that all weekends start promptly at 7 AM on Friday and end late Sunday afternoon. It is 6 full days, plus one meeting between sessions scheduled by you and your patrol.
Cost is $250 and the course is open to ANY registered, trained Adult Scout
For more information, please contact the Scoutmaster listed above.
Apply for a course
You can apply on-line at at this link
Fill out and return this downloadable application for an invitation to:
Wood Badge Course 2019
Greater Alabama Council
P.O. Box 43307
Birmingham, Alabama 35243
- Enclose a $50 deposit due with your application and use account 1-6801-103-20
- Please make checks payable to the Greater Alabama Council
- You will receive a letter in reply as quickly as possible.
- The balance of $200.00 should be paid before 30 days from the start of the course.
- If you are applying within the 30 day window, be prepared to pay in full to ensure your place on the course. There is a limit of 48 participants on each course.